Are you curious about how to get your firearms license? Whether you want to manufacture, sell, import, or collect guns as a hobby, obtaining it is an important part of making sure your business runs smoothly.
Acquiring your firearms license isn’t as hard as you think. While the paperwork may seem intimidating, the results are well worth the effort. Wouldn’t it be nice to be able to display your antique gun collection at shows and conventions? Imagine even being able to run your own gun business right out of your own home! With a federal firearms license, you can do this and more. Here are some tips to consider when filling out your application:
If this is the first time you are applying for a License to Carry Firearms (LTC) you will need to bring with you to the appointment:
- Your driver’s license.
- A receipt from the Burlington Town Hall Tax office showing you paid the $100.00 application fee in cash or check (made payable to The Town of Burlington)
- A Copy of your Ontario approved firearms-training course certificate.
- A completed application for an LTC.
- Include the Required Additional Materials With Your Application Along with providing an accurate federal firearms license application, you will need to include a photograph of yourself, plus a set of fingerprints. Don’t try to do this yourself from home. This is not a legitimate way to provide these items. Instead, you can have this done at your local police station.
- Include Your Mandatory Fee Your federal firearms license application comes with a required fee. However, depending on what kind of business you’re applying for, your fee may vary. You can learn more about the current fees for such occupations as gun manufacturers, pawnbrokers, gun collectors, and importers by looking online.
- Keep Your Business Information Archived Once your ffirearms license application is accepted, it will remain valid for three years. During that time, you are expected to keep a logbook of your business transactions. Depending on the types of guns you sell and the amount of money you make, you may need to pay additional taxes. Additionally, you will need to pay a fee to renew your license as well. Additionally, if you are a legalized gun collector, you may need to conduct an inspection and take inventory of your guns to ensure that they are being used only for display purposes.
The moment your application is accepted, you are free to expand your business however you like. You will also find yourself eligible to sell at gun shows as well as from your own home. Best of all, as a gun and ammunition seller, importer, or manufacturer, you are exempt from the additional fees many businessmen charge with their retail prices. Get your federal firearms license as soon as possible to take advantage of these amazing deals.